BIRGUNJ: Birgunj Metropolitan City has decided to provide 10,000 sacks of chemical fertilisers to the farmers in Parsa district.
Chief Administrative Officer at the Metropolis, Laxmi Poudel, and Chief of Province Office of Krishi Samagri Company, Chandra Chamlagain, signed a four-point agreement in this regard on Monday.
Bingunj Metropolis Mayor Rajesh Man Singh made coordination for supplying the chemical fertilisers as per farmers’ demand.
The farmers in Parsa seized six trucks laden with chemical fertilisers being ferried to other districts from Madhes Province office store of Krishi Samagri Company in Bhutandevi.
After the negotiation, the consignment was handed over to the metropolis.
- Parsa locals demand increase in chemical fertilisers quota
- Imported chemical fertilisers being supplied to different districts
- China to commission feasibility study of Kyirong-Kathmandu railway
- Agriculture Ministry claims 76% fiscal progress
- Bagmati Province government to set up fertiliser industries
- STC imports chemical fertiliser DAP; urea to be brought in a week