KATHMANDU: The government aims to achieve economic growth and stability through a combination of fiscal and monetary policy.
Accordingly, agriculture, transportation, information technology, industry and other sectors will be promoted as economic potential and economic recovery programmes will be introduced, according to the policies and programmes of the Fiscal Year 2022/23 presented by the government in the joint sitting of the Federal Parliament today.
Inflation will be kept within the required limits and projects other than of national importance, pride and transformation will be implemented at the provincial and local levels.
The government has given priority to the issues of conservation, utilisation and distribution of natural resources through the coordination of the three levels of government. The government aims to increase domestic production through industrialisation, environment-friendly programmes and green economy through renewable energy.
The government will present the budget for the coming fiscal year on May 29 as per the policies and programmes.
- Investors to be attracted to manufacturing productive sector
- Prez Bhandari presents govt’s policies and programmes at parliament
- Lawmakers want more budget in health, education, stress on food self-sufficiency
- Parliamentary panel gives importance to gender responsiveness in budget
- Upcoming budget: Priority on social justice, development of independent economy