- India’s highest-selling Lithium-ion electric auto now in Nepal
KATHMANDU: Mahindra Electric Mobility Limited, part of the Mahindra Group, has launched a Lithium-ion-powered electric three-wheeler auto called Treo. The Mahindra Treo Auto ‘Soft Top’ variant has been introduced at the price of Rs 840,000, ex-showroom.
The Mahindra Treo comes to Nepal in a completely built units (CBU) form. The vehicle is manufactured at Mahindra’s Bengaluru facility in India. Bookings for the ready to deliver Treo autos have started in select areas of the Tarai region in Nepal. Agni Energy — Mahindra’s authorised EV distributor — has been engaged to sell the Treo in Nepal. With the launch of Mahindra Treo, it is expected that the customers could save Rs 200,000 a year in comparison to other petrol auto-rickshaws.
The Mahindra Treo is India’s largest selling Li-ion electric auto platform with sales of more than 10,000 units and has covered more than 63 million kilometres, since its launch in 2018.
Addressing the programme organised to launch the auto-rickshaw, Suman Mishra, CEO of Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd said, “Nepal is a fast-developing economy, with eco-friendliness as well as long term sustainability on its agenda. With the Government of Nepal promoting electric vehicles the time is just right for us to launch our range of electric three-wheelers here. Last-mile mobility products are a focus for Mahindra & Mahindra and the Treo auto is an embodiment of technology combined with sustainability, that will significantly enhance the livelihood of its owners with huge savings when compared with a conventional petrol auto.”
The Treo is not only spacious, with the best-in-industry 2,073mm wheelbase, but is also comfortable on rough roads owing to the hydraulic shock absorber in the front and a rigid axle with a leaf spring at the rear. Hydraulic brakes with good stopping power have also been provided in the vehicle. The fully digital instrument console displays a wide array of information such as the State of Charge (SoC), driving range, speed, drive mode engaged and more.
Customers buying the Mahindra Treo benefit from the superior engineering and reliability on offer. With the set of features including zero emissions and desirable qualities, the Treo is expected to set new benchmarks for performance as well as affordability in Nepal.
Mahindra Treo key highlights:
- Save more versus petrol three-wheelers
- Be insulated from the ever-increasing prices of fuel – savings of up to Rs 2,00,000/year vis-à-vis petrol three-wheelers
- Lowest running cost of Rs 0.8/km when compared with a petrol auto
- Less than Rs 100 spent on ‘fuel’ every day – eight units per full charge at Rs 12/unit and 120km running
- Electrifying performance
- Best-in-industry power of 8kW and torque of 42Nm
- Boost Mode: Elevate your driving experience with speeds up to 55kmph and get quick turnaround times
- Technologically advanced IP67-rated motor gives enhanced protection against dust and water
- Useable driving range of 130km/charge — more trips in a day (more earnings)
- Advanced Lithium-ion battery
- A maintenance-free, battery life over 150,000 kilometres
- Charging the Treo auto is as easy as plugging in the cellphone. Plug the on-board charger into a 15amp socket at home
- Fatigue-free drive experience
- The Treo comes with a direct-drive transmission. No changing gears or operating a clutch.
- The highest wheelbase of 2,073mm enables a spacious cabin that seats the driver and three passengers in good comfort.
- Top-class grade ability of 12.7-degree ensures taking those inclines is a breeze for the Treo
- Attractive design
- The Treo in its head-turning, blue and white colour scheme guarantees a lot of attention on the road
- Dent-resistant, rust-free, modular SMC panels provide ease of repair and replacement
- Ergonomically designed all-digital instrument console gives out vital statistics like driving range, battery charge etc.
- Industry-best standard warranty in Nepal
- The Treo electric comes with a three year or 80,000km warranty — much higher than the other autos in Nepal currently.
- Widespread dealer network gives peace of mind
- Industry-first Connected NEMO Mobility Platform
- Remotely monitor vehicle range, geo-fence, track speed, location
- Other features
- Telematics unit and GPS, windscreen and wiping system, spare wheel provision,
- Driving modes – FNR (Forward, Neutral, Reverse), Economy and Boost mode, Lockable glove box, 12V socket
- 15-amp off-board charger, hazard indicator, reverse buzzer
- Powerful headlamps
- Robust suspension ensures the road irregularities stay there – on the road and not transmitted to the spine
About Agni Energy
Agni Energy Pvt Ltd is a subsidiary of Agni Group and the authorised distributor of Mahindra electric vehicles, Mahindra utility vehicles and tractors, diesel generators among other equipment. Today, Agni is one of the leading utility vehicle distributors in the country and has been successfully continuing the legacy of the Mahindra brand in Nepal ever since 1991. Agni Energy is a newly established company that started its journey in 2012 under Agni Group, which mainly focuses on the energy sector and electric vehicles. Its dealers are located throughout Nepal.
Founded in 1945, the Mahindra Group is one of the largest and most admired multinational federation of companies with 260,000 employees in over 100 countries. It enjoys a leadership position in farm equipment, utility vehicles, information technology and financial services in India and is the world’s largest tractor company by volume. It has a strong presence in renewable energy, agriculture, logistics, hospitality and real estate.
The Mahindra Group has a clear focus on leading ESG globally, enabling rural prosperity and enhancing urban living, to drive positive change in the lives of communities and stakeholders to enable them to rise.