KATHMANDU: Nepal’s Covid 19 active cases rose to 65,374 on Friday as the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) registered 8,815 new cases during the past 24 hours across the country. With this, the Covid 19 count has reached 896,584. Additionally, 1,888 persons have tested positive for the infection in the antigen test.
Likewise, the MoHP has recorded three deaths from Covid 19 in the past 24 hours. As of Friday, the nationwide death toll from Covid 19 has reached 11,635.
Meanwhile, the three districts of Kathmandu valley have registered 5,299 cases in the past 24 hours. Kathmandu logged 4,279 new cases, Lalitpur logged 567 cases and Bhaktapur logged 453 cases, as per the data released by the MoHP.
As many as 766 patients of Covid 19 have recovered in the past 24 hours. As of Friday, a total of 819,575 people have recovered from the viral disease, the data released by the MoHP showed. Presently, the recovery rate stands at 91.4% while the case fatality rate is at 1.4%.
RT-PCR and antigen tests have been conducted on 18,618 and 4,474 samples respectively in 24 hours.
Presently, there are 65,374 persons staying in isolation while 154 others have been placed in quarantine in the country.
Meanwhile, more than 340.06 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus worldwide while at least 5.91 million people have died from Covid 19, Covid 19 Global tracker data shown by Reuters. It has been reported that Covid 19 infections are still rising in 103 countries.
- Odd, even rule for vehicles in Kathmandu valley from Friday night
- Nepal logs 10,052 new Covid 19 cases on Friday; active cases surpass 57,000
- Govt urged to intensify test, vaccination drive against Covid 19
- Hospitalisations increase with surging daily infections in Kathmandu valley
- Why are so many vaccinated people getting Covid 19 lately?
- How do I know if I have a cold, the flu or Covid 19?