KATHMANDU: The Nepalese Marketing Association (NMA) was formally inaugurated in Kathmandu on Thursday. The association has been registered as a not-for-profit organisation with 65 founding members comprising of personnel from the marketing field and academia.
NMA aims to foster a stronger interest in education, to aid marketing professionals in their efforts to advance their personal and professional lives, and to promote the integration of ethical issues and general marketing practices. During the inauguration, the association also launched a campaign titled ‘Let’s Brand Nepal’. The campaign is an initiative to shift the national identity from traditional to the next level in the global context of businesses and individuals through a network of institutions and processes to generate, communicate, deliver and exchange ideas that are essential for customers, marketers and the Nepali society as a whole.
The mission of NMA is to make marketing the epicentre for all Nepali organisations, stakeholders and members. Similarly, its vision is to uplift the marketing community in Nepal to global standards.
The association is being led by a board of directors with Mahesh Swar as the President and Dr Gopal Thapa as the General Secretary. Likewise, Sushil Awale has been appointed as Secretary and Punam Singh as Treasurer. Other members of the board include Abhaya Pd Gorkhalee, Suman Shakya, Srijana Joshi Maharjan, Satyendra Upreti and Surendra Thapa.
- ADA joins hand with Outreach to offer data-driven marketing in Nepal
- Ideas for Critical Times is the theme for the e- World Marketing Summit
- “Through my 18-year career, I have been offered lucrative jobs frequently but I decided to grow my roots in digital theatre marketing.”
- NATTA conducts digital marketing training for tourism professionals
- Digital Marketing A Potent Tool