Extolling the benefits of exercise is second nature to me. I cannot stress enough how important it is to lead an active life and especially make the time for at least 30-45 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week. If you can’t do it all at once, break it down and get three 15 minute exercise slots through a day. Your body, mind and spirit will thank you for this as the years catch up. In this article, I want to touch upon some trends that make you sweat your way to a healthy, fitter and stronger you.
• High Intensity Interval Training workouts have a large and devoted following across the globe. We see a number of variations to HIIT with short 30 minute formats becoming increasingly popular. People love that they are getting shorter, more intense workouts.
• Fusion workouts are also getting popular as variety holds the key for long term exercise success. Combining a variety of different modalities such as boxing, yoga, strength training, cycling in one workout is found to be more appealing.
• Group fitness classes have been all the rage across the years. Group coaching is also more in demand where the instructors guide and coach a workout rather than just ask participants to follow along. Qualified instructors are now designing workouts specific to the participants of the group.
• With an overload of technology in our everyday lives, more fitness consumers are moving away from tech and prefer to come to gyms and studios, or even exercise outdoors. At the gym, barbells, kettlebells and medicine balls continue to be put to good use. Increasingly, more people are using smaller equipment such as foam rollers, bands, sliders and gliders. There’s also a huge shift back to strength training machines and free weights.
• Meditation is gaining huge acceptance and practice as people understand the mind-body connection. Nutrition and wellbeing is being viewed as essential components of health.
Challenging, happy and fun workouts whether done on an individual level or as a group will continue to deliver results, what’s important is that you show up and stay on track.