KATHMANDU: Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Prem Bahadur Ale has directed the concerned authorities to widen the arrival lounge at the domestic section of the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
Minister Ale, who was on his way to Bhairahawa on Friday, directed TIA authorities to construct the lounge at a wider space considering the increasing flow of passengers at the domestic airport and risk of coronavirus.
Deputy Director General of TIA, Prem Nath Thakur, said the work will be taken forward to widen the arrival room after the directive. “The problem has arisen due to increasing number of passengers flying domestic. Minister Ale has instructed to move it to a wider place. We will move it soon,” he said.
- Construction of restaurant in Narayanhiti Palace Museum premises stalled
- Dhangadhi Airport will be upgraded soon: Tourism Minster Ale
- Hotel entrepreneurs’ problems will be solved: Tourism Minister Ale
- Tourism Minister Ale directs for land acquisition to expand Dhangadhi Airport
- Civil Aviation Minister Ale vows to end irregularities at TIA