KARNALI: Karnali Province Assembly member Naresh Bhandari inspected the flood-hit areas in Jumla district.
He took stock of the damages in Tila Rural Municipality-4, Sanpulli, Rawatwada, Nuwakot village, Girikhola, Niyapani, Thanta, Kanku village, Sarmi, Surki, Tamti, Baragaun, Baitadi and Dhanbali that were affected by floods on October 19.
On the occasion, former minister Bhandari assured that he would immediately manage a generator for Topla village that lacks electricity and take initiatives in connecting the village and surrounding area with the national grid.
The provincial government has been asked to provide relief to the flood survivors and seek long-term solutions to their problems, he informed.
On this occasion, the flood survivors have urged the people’s representative to manage reliefs and accommodation for them.
- Chief Minister Shahi takes stock of flood, landslide damage in Humla
- NRNA provides relief items to Kanchanpur flood survivors
- Seven local levels face shortage of medicine in Bajura
- Paddy loss, liquidity crunch add woes to Nepal’s economy amid pandemic
- Govt to give up to 65 per cent in subsidy to paddy farmers