- Nearly 70% of new cases detected in 24 hours from Kathmandu Valley
KATHMANDU: Nepal’s Covid 19 active cases rose to 30,877 on Monday as the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) registered 5,747 new cases during the past 24 hours across the country. With this, the Covid 19 count has reached 859,485. Additionally, 987 persons have tested positive for the infection in the antigen test.
Likewise, the MoHP has recorded three deaths from Covid 19 in the past 24 hours. As of Monday, the nationwide death toll from Covid 19 has reached 11,623.
Meanwhile, the three districts of Kathmandu valley have registered 3,939 cases — 68.54% of new cases — in the past 24 hours. Kathmandu logged 2,943 new cases, Lalitpur logged 795 cases and Bhaktapur logged 201 cases, as per the data released by the MoHP.
As many as 547 patients of Covid 19 have recovered in the past 24 hours. As of Monday, a total of 816,985 people have recovered from the viral disease, the data released by the MoHP showed. Presently, the recovery rate stands at 95.1% while the case fatality rate is at 1.4%.
RT-PCR and antigen tests have been conducted on 5,018,248 and 891,046 samples respectively as of Monday.
Presently, there are 30,877 persons staying in isolation while 100 others have been placed in quarantine in the country.
Meanwhile, more than 326.73 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus worldwide while at least 5.88 million people have died from Covid 19, Covid 19 Global tracker data shown by Reuters. It has been reported that Covid 19 infections are still rising in 120 countries.
- Nepal logs 4,534 new Covid 19 cases; active cases surpass 25,500
- Govt urged to intensify test, vaccination drive against Covid 19
- Hospitalisations increase with surging daily infections in Kathmandu valley
- MoHP reports 2,922 new cases of coronavirus on Thursday; total rises to 841,297
- Why are so many vaccinated people getting Covid 19 lately?
- How do I know if I have a cold, the flu or Covid 19?