KATHMANDU: The government has announced to launch ‘Prime Minister Nepali Production and Consumption Growth Decade’ under the slogan ‘Own products, Own business’.
It was shared while President Bidya Devi Bhandari unveiled the policies and programmes for the upcoming fiscal year 2022/23 in the joint meeting of the Federal Parliament on Tuesday evening.
The policies and programmes include formulation of agriculture policy and mechanisation of agriculture, conducting research in agriculture sector, its commercialisation and promotion of climate-friendly technology.
The government will also lend its support to private sectors for ‘Make in Nepal’ and ‘Made in Nepal’ campaign, aiming to encourage domestic production and domestic consumption.
Furthermore, private sector will be roped in for construction of infrastructures for industrial sector. Expert market and trade intelligence will be employed to obtain reliable information on international trade, according to President Bhandari.
Integrated model programme named ‘Farm to Industry’ will be implemented which will integrate produces of agriculture, forest and mining sectors into industrial processing process, informed the President.
The supply system of petroleum products will be made easier and more cost-effective.
- Mixed response to government policies and programmes
- Govt to take over construction of Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium
- Govt policies and programmes: Economic upliftment emphasized
- At least two medical colleges to be established in each province
- Pashupatinath, Janakpur, Lumbini to be developed as religious tourism hub
- Economic growth through fiscal and monetary policy
- Investors to be attracted to manufacturing productive sector
- Prez Bhandari presents govt’s policies and programmes at parliament