KATHMANDU: The government has envisioned setting up a high-level mechanism for the promotion of e-governance.
Presenting the government’s annual policies and programmes at a joint session of the Federal Parliament on Tuesday, President Bidya Devi Bhandari informed that a high-level mechanism will be established to promote e-governance by making the information technology easy to use and well-managed.
The annual policies and programmes stated that necessary coordination will be done to make the public service delivery smooth, efficient and predictable, and to ensure development of physical infrastructure in the designated cost, quantity and time.
Among other arrangements included in the annual policies and programmes are the determination of work procedure and working nature for federal administrative structure and restructuring or merger of existing mechanisms.
The government has also come up with a policy to strengthen the National Vigilance Centre for the promotion of good governance.
- ‘Prime Minister Nepali Production and Consumption Growth Decade’ to be implemented
- Mixed response to government policies and programmes
- Govt to take over construction of Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium
- Govt policies and programmes: Economic upliftment emphasized
- At least two medical colleges to be established in each province
- Pashupatinath, Janakpur, Lumbini to be developed as religious tourism hub
- Economic growth through fiscal and monetary policy
- Investors to be attracted to manufacturing productive sector
- Prez Bhandari presents govt’s policies and programmes at parliament